ASHRAE Introduces the HVAC Psychrometric Chart App Developed by Carmel Software
ASHRAE's new Psychrometric Chart app for the iPad is a powerful new tool for HVAC engineers, with its fast, accurate psychrometric analysis capability anywhere, anytime - in the office or on the job site.
San Rafael, CA
January 11, 2013
January 11, 2013
Contact: Masha O'Brien
- Displays a fully customizable psychrometric chart in both landscape and portrait modes.
- Allows users to customize the graph in many different ways including specifying the psychrometric chart line colors, chart background color, hide/display status of chart lines, point colors, process line colors, units of graph values, and the min/max limits of the chart.
- Using a finger, users can plot as many points as they want on the screen. As the user moves his or her finger around the graph, the psychrometric properties at the top of the screen dynamically update. In addition, users can double-tap a point to display the point properties and then edit them.
- Create psychrometric processes by plotting points then connecting them with process lines. Also, create custom labels anywhere on the chart.
- After users have completed creating the chart, they can email a list of all the points and their properties along with a PDF of the chart, itself.
- Create an unlimited number of psychrometric chart projects. Also, users can create templates that can be reused over and over again.
- Zoom in or out of the chart by "pinching" the iPad screen so as to view items in more detail.
"ASHRAE's new Psychrometric Chart app for the iPad is a powerful new tool for HVAC engineers, with its fast, accurate psychrometric analysis capability anywhere, anytime - in the office or on the job site," says Stephen Comstock, Publisher at ASHRAE.
"We are proud to have developed another mobile application for ASHRAE. The HVAC Psych Chart app is perfectly suited for the mobile environment allowing engineers to quickly create HVAC processes on a graphical psychrometric chart while out in the field," says Stephen Roth, Principal of Carmel.
ASHRAE, founded in 1894, is a building technology society with more than 50,000 members worldwide. The Society and its members focus on building systems, energy efficiency, indoor air quality, refrigeration and sustainability within the industry. Through research, standards writing, publishing and continuing education, ASHRAE shapes tomorrow's built environment today.
About Carmel Software
Media Contact: Masha O'Brien, Phone: 800-339-6030